Thursday, November 17, 2011

paint, paint, paint

Somewhere inside me resides a teeny tiny artist. Of sorts. I think.
I like to doodle and sketch birds.
I like to shoot photos. This goes back to my college photography days.
I used to make decoupage purses, paint tiny scenes smooth stones, and sew.
So this slightly-artistic bent must manifest itself.
It seems to be color. Paint color.
I'm so bothered at the wrong color on walls, which I'm so good at selecting:
the WRONG color!
And so it went with the kitchen. First, a bright green on the soffit and backsplash.
Kind of cool.
Then I went crazy and covered the rest in a lighter shade of green.
Wrong, all wrong.
I put up with it for about two years.
Until today.
But you'll have to wait for some photos. Tired and off to bed!

gratitude challenge day 17 - I love color and cannot imagine a world without it.
 I'm thankful that God included colors on his to-do list! 

1 comment:

Karen Dawkins said...

I'm thankful for a husband who paints so I don't have to!!!! Can't wait to see your new kitchen :)