Saturday, November 26, 2011

balmy Friday

No doubt about it, winter is fast approaching here in Ohio. But autumn hangs on just a little longer, and this weekend is proof. Sunny and 60 degrees yesterday - the day felt positively balmy.

Go shopping the day after Thanksgiving? Are you kidding me? Off to Gallant Woods we went: oldest son David, Ellie and me.


Gallant is a county preservation park just a few miles away, and it's a beautiful combination of woods and meadows. A native Ohio prairie is being created and we walked a trail right through it. One section is glorious golden grass, probably seven feet tall. It sways in the breeze, making a lovely swishing sound.


Of course Ellie's up for any adventure, especially those where she finds lots of exciting scents. She saw her first horses at Gallant a couple of years ago - that was super-exciting!


Best of all was spending time with David. He makes me laugh, makes me think, and makes me better. I am very proud of him.

gratitude challenge day 25 - I'm grateful for late-autumn days.

day 26 - I am humbled and so grateful that God gave me a son like David, whose wit, wisdom and intelligence shine through.

No comments: