Sunday, November 20, 2011

homecoming

I guess you could say I'm slogging through blogging this weekend. It's been an incredibly busy few days, so the blog's been on the back burner. But I will catch up on the gratitude challenge!

In about an hour, three of my kids will arrive home from North Carolina. Mark, Jill and David (who we haven't seen in six months!) spent the weekend with Dan and Jenny, Ari and Ashlyn. (Hoping to have a guest post about that.) Mark and Jill live here, but David doesn't get home often and he's spending the week with us: yippeee!

Years ago when four children thundered through this house, there were things I couldn't imagine:

- quickly straightening up the whole house in one afternoon,
- cleaning all the bathrooms in one afternoon,
- not having any thundering children around,
- and being super excited when any of them come home.

I've decided that if a mother does her job well, she'll find herself very happy to see her independent children when they walk through the door. How I miss them, but wouldn't have it any other way.

Gratitude challenge day 19 - I don't take lightly the blessing of children who are hard-working and independent. And how thankful I am that they find time to spend with us!

I mentioned that I just had to paint my kitchen .... again.
Here's a before photo ...
tomorrow the end result! 


gratitude challenge day 20 - So very thankful to have
this painting project done!

No comments: