Tuesday, November 22, 2011

feast - or famine?

Typically, I'd be gearing up in the kitchen by now: baking cornbread for the dressing (that I would almost die for) and chopping apples for pie. Today I whipped up jello and noodles. This is no typical Thanksgiving: daughter Katie gets her wisdom teeth removed tomorrow.

When my wisdom teeth came out at age 18, I spent a night in the hospital. For real! It's funny how medical procedures have become a lesser deal than years ago. My mother served me Gerber baby food which caused me to gag. Come on, chicken and rice dinner out of a jar? Pitiful. Beyond that, I don't really know what I ate.

I tell the story of our two older sons who got their wisdom teeth out on the SAME DAY. What, were we crazy? But it went fine, so I figure we can handle one patient.

I do have a turkey breast to roast and sweet potatoes to whip into a yummy casserole. But I know this will be a Thanksgiving Katie would like to forget. Bless her heart.

gratitude challenge day 22 - I'm thankful for modern medicine and skilled doctors and nurses!

No comments: