Monday, November 21, 2011

goodbye green


Ok, so on Wednesday morning Bill casually asks, "now, what are you doing today?"

"Um, I thought I'd paint the kitchen."

"Again?"

If I locked the man in another room and asked him the color of the kitchen, he could not tell me. Seriously! We never have any discussions on whether to paint, and certainly not what color. I'm a lucky girl! Well, except for the fact that he'd rather have a root canal than pick up a paint brush ...

So off I go to Delaware Paint to haggle with the poor guys who must cringe when they see me coming: the lady with the poor eye for color. But she sure buys a lot of paint! After a good 30 minutes of discussion, they send me home with color swatches and tell me to come back tomorrow when I've decided.

In the end I did away with all the green, used the same Wheat Sheaf as in the breakfast room, and chose Pizza Pie for the rest.

See for yourself. From this:


To this:


We think it looks smashing, all warm, cozy and delicious! I guess that's all that counts.

gratitude challenge day 21 - I'm thankful for the small town I live in, where I nearly always see someone I know when I'm out on errands. Thankful for my paint store guys, too, where I get great service. Community is a great thing!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the "Pizza Pie" color...going green isn't always a good thing!!

Anonymous said...

Pizza pie is a great color in your kitchen. Looks really nice with cabinets. Hmmmm might have to copy you . . .

kathleen said...

I don't know why my comment was labeled anonymous! This is Kathleen, by the way!

Dan said...

Ooo, nice!

Karen Dawkins said...

Love it!!!

Nice job my friend. We're not done yet but getting there. :)