Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I (heart) Ohio!


Quick, what does this sticker say?

Wow, an incredibly silly discussion ensued on facebook today over .... are you ready? The sticker offered to voters at Ohio polling locations. You read that right: a STICKER, like kids get at the doctor's or Wal-mart!

What does the sticker say? Don't over-think it.

"I Ohio Voting"?

"I Voting"?

Well, I first saw it before voting and immediately thought, "Oh, cool. They used the shape of Ohio as a HEART to say: I LOVE VOTING."

"Ohio, the Heart of it All" was a slogan on Ohio's license plates for a time. Ohio is in America's HEART-land. It's a prevalent theme, so why the stir over this sticker? I don't know. I think the sticker is clever.

I've always hoped that I'll be one of those people who grows mellow, less cantankerous with age. That I can keep quiet about things more than before, and be an agent for peace and grace in my old age. I think this is an easy chance to practice. Over a sticker.

Gratitude challenge day 8 - I'm thankful to live in the U.S.A. where voting is a right and duty.
I (heart) my country!
And I (heart) Ohio!

2 comments:

Karen Dawkins said...

When we lived in Ohio I never considered it to be heart shaped, but down here, former Ohioans often say, "I'm from Ohio, you know that state shaped like a heart."

I <3 Ohio, too.... or at least its lovely residents!

Barb said...

Too bad <3 doesn't make a heart on blogger!