Monday, November 7, 2011

hope in a hole


What happens this time of year is that I plan my days completely around the weather.
I assume the worst about November: a dark, dreary month.
I hold no illusions: the cold and wet will move in soon.
But so far we've had seven pretty spectacular days.
And so, turning my back on my holidays-looming-to-do-list,
I go buy flower bulbs and get out in the yard. Half-price bulbs at that!
This afternoon I raked leaves and pulled the dead - sniff - hostas and planted
daffodils and iris to my heart's content.
With each bulb dropped in a hole in the flower beds,
I imagine a glorious show in April.
Hope's around the corner!

gratitude challenge day 7 - I'm thankful for stellar November days.
I take back my comments about nasty November-ness! 
Thank you God, for these warm, delicious days.

No comments: