Saturday, October 4, 2008

happy birthday, lisa



Today I wish my dear friend Lisa a happy birthday. We've traveled many a road together. I know she remembers...

Keeping a group of Brownies contained on a hot summer night at Girl Scout day camp: oh, yes, there was vomit ... camping, hiking and biking in extreme weather conditions ... riding the turi-bus in Mexico City for hours in the rain ... laughing so hard we lost control (of what, I won't say) and embarrassed the girls no end ... sitting through countless tennis matches ... delivering calendars ... selling, counting, and freezing Girl Scout cookies ... together learning how to let go as our kids leave the nest ... and best of all, wrapping this all up into a sweet package called friendship.

You are a special gift, Lisa, sent by God to brighten my life. Have a happy birthday!

No comments: