Wednesday, August 27, 2008

News alert! Bill paints!

Scraping .... and scraping ....

.... end of day one....

... project finished!

My joke over the years is that my husband would prefer a root canal over picking up a paintbrush.

So this week, when we teamed up to paint the "guest house" at our Michigan cabin, I was more than a little surprised. And excited by the results of our day-and-a-half effort.

He's a good hubby. Though he really did a LOT more scraping of the old paint than painting the new paint. Which suited me just fine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which picture is funnier: the look on Dad's face or the "Tough Old Bird" t-shirt! Where did you get that!?

Anonymous said...

hahaha. I really thought YOU found it at Goodwill?! If you didn't, then I can't remember where I got it. But pretty sure it was a 2nd-hand acquisition. Yep...dad hung in there!

Dan said...

Nice work both of you...the guest house looks good as new! I wish we could've been there to help...and enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

how about next year...? There's still the garage and a boathouse or two left to paint!

Jenny Haller said...

I LOVE painting! (only not perfectionistic...)

Exciting and I love that shirt!

Anonymous said...

we'll take any and all helpers: perfectionists or NOT! Gee, I'll have to wear my tough old bird shirt more often!