Tuesday, January 17, 2012

yay: from Paraguay!

Yeah, yeah, I know I preached on the virtues of letting go of kids earlier. How I wouldn't have contact with Katie in Paraguay this month. But what do you know, she got internet access for a few hours last night and we received an e-mail. Loved it!

Mission work is suiting Katie well. She reports that the team is bonding with the children and building relationships with the Ache adults. The host missionary, Victor, is helpful and talented and speaks several languages. It's hot in Paraguay, but there's plenty of shade. Not too many bug bites. She was getting her first hot shower last night!

Finally, "happy birthday, Dad. I love you all and hope you're having a great January!"

Well. I know my girl is having the best January of her life.

1 comment:

Karen Dawkins said...

Yeah... yeah...
Let go. Hold on. Let go. Hold on. That's the mommy dance. :)

Love you! Praying with you for your beautiful girl and her even more amazing heart.