Monday, October 4, 2010

happy birthday, Lisa


Some people can really make you laugh. They are good at sharing a laugh and as it says in Proverbs, laughter [a cheerful heart] is good medicine. I believe it.

I am blessed with several such friends, but the one who's perhaps laughed with me most is Lisa. We were co-Girl Scout leaders and if that doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what would. The girls said and did funny things. Lisa and I did outrageous things, like sleeping on the same air mattress while freezing our buns off.

We traveled with our girls on countless camping trips, Mammoth Cave, Mackinac Island, and even Mexico. As it turned out, we found humor in nearly everything we did.

How blessed I am to call you my friend, Lisa. Happy birthday!

3 comments:

-d said...

You two are always laughing in your pictures. Fun friends.

Barb said...

... and when Katie's with us, she catches lots of "moments!"

Lisa said...

You my friend are crazy and yes we have had a few laughs during our years of friendship.....what memories we have....thanks for joining us for dinner and yet more laughs on the way home...oh my!