Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Girl meets world

Dear Ari,

Your mom posted this photo of you on her and daddy's blog, especially to show off the scrumptious new outfits sewn by your Great Grammy Claire.

But it says so much more to me. In fact, I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes off this picture. I love everything about it!

You're grabbing not only your daddy's finger, but also the world. Your left hand holds fast to daddy and your sweet right hand is open wide for balance and maybe to catch something wonderful.

Your face exudes excitement for living ... you are bursting to see what's out in the world. Your determined tongue says to me "I'm on my way and no one's stopping me!" This reminds me of the mischievous spirit of your daddy and strong resolve of your mommy. Your eyes, the windows to your soul, are brimming with whimsy and joy.

Know this, my sweet Ari. Never let go of your father's hand. Your heavenly Father, I mean. He holds you while you hold Him, and it is Him you can trust with your hopes and dreams and future as well as the hard things of life. Hold tightly always!

That's what I see in this picture, my favorite 9-month-old. See you soon.
Much love,
your Baba