Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the rest of my road trip

We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children
that makes the heart too big for the body.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860

Lily Jane, 8 months

I could scarcely believe it, but after returning home from the last
road trip, I found that I'd taken only a handful of photos while in Virginia.
The move that weekend kept us so busy, there wasn't time for photo opps!
So. Here's my darling Lily, content on the floor of their new home.
She's scooting around to beat the band.
They have wood floors throughout and large, sunny windows. Love, love it,
but miss Mark, Jill and Lily something awful.

Then it was off to Charlotte to visit Dan, Jenny, Ari and Ashlyn.
Their lives are busy and full and we joined the fray!

 

Given a choice, I would choose a trip to the library over
Disney World, Las Vegas, or ... yes I'm a boring old bookworm.
My little granddaughters are learning to love the library too. Sigh.


I just love this ... my daughter with my granddaughter.



And my son with his daughters.



In addition to the miles driven,

the playing, diapering, feeding, chasing, book-reading, giggling, comforting,

bathing, pottying, dressing and undressing wore out this Baba.

But oh, they delight me.
When it's time to leave,
I find, as Mr. Emerson said,
that my heart is indeed too big for my body.














1 comment:

Dan said...

Great photos, mom! Thanks for sharing.