Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa Central

 My daughter Katie had a very good idea concerning Christmas gifting. "Why doesn't everyone put out their gift ideas in one list, then we don't have to keep asking each other?"

An excellent suggestion, Katie! Because here it is, two weeks before Christmas, and we Hallers are scrambling around trying to come up with a perfect gift idea. For a few years the kids drew each other's names. Not sure what happened with that. Now I'm getting e-mails and phone calls (and yes, making a few of my own) asking what so-and-so would like.

There's a rumor that at least one couple in the family has finished their shopping. That is beyond my ability to imagine. But hey, it's Christmas. I can dream!

Anyway, this is our first Christmas with a sweet little grandchild. And here she is, inspecting the tree. Her first. So precious.

Whenever I get a little gift-bedraggled, I'll just look at this photo and remember the tiny miracle that is Christmas.

6 comments:

Karen Dawkins said...

I'm right there with the couple that's done. FIrst time ever to be DONE DONE DONE this early!!!! Fun times ahead!

happy shopping.

Mostly though, happy Christmas. May your family be filled with JOY and LOVE this Christmas! May you make memories to last forever!

God bless!
Love you

Jenny Haller said...

Yah! Ari is excited about all the fun she will have this year! (She might not know it yet). I am DONE with all my shopping! I feel good about it. I'm going to try it every year.

Barb said...

You girls rock. You need to give me a shopping timeline for next year so I can aspire to finishing early!

ForestJane said...

But ... if you're all shopping from the same list, isn't there a danger that the person who needed a new bathrobe, slippers, or gloves will get SIX new bathrobes and no slippers or gloves?

Dan said...

Not if you reply to everyone's email except the person you're buying for...and let everyone know when/what you've bought.

Barb said...

yeah, Dan! Communication is key!