Saturday, August 6, 2011

wedding day!

Today is an exciting one: my daughter Katie is photographing ("shooting") a wedding - her first as lead photographer. The couple is adorable, the bride a high school friend of Katie's. She's excited. Prepared. She will do great, I know.

I've been the mother of the groom twice, but never the mother of the photographer. Is that even a title? Good gracious it should be.  Even though I know Katie is skilled and capable, I'm still a bit nervous! But I know it will be a wonderful day for the bride and groom and that's what counts.

Whew, another milestone in turning my chicks into the world, seeing Katie capture a couple's wedding photos. I've fed, nourished, encouraged, prayed, and guided for as long as I can ...  now she's flying on her own.

I'm proud of you, Katie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those girls were awesome! Can't wait to see the pictures.