Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I won't try; I'll just do it

Well, did I ever share that I had an article published in Heart of Ohio magazine's summer 2011 issue? It's a long story of how this all came about, but a huge blessing is that I am getting to know the magazine's editor, Diana Coon. Over lunch a few months ago, we discovered that we share several common interests: kayaking, grandmothering, writing, faith. She's forthright and a good thinker.

Anyway, Diana likes my writing and has asked for another article for the winter issue. So this week I am throwing around different ideas and looking back over my blog posts to see what catches my eye.

An interesting side note is that twice this week I've run across the idea that the words: "I'll try" and "maybe" shouldn't exist. (And one source was an article by Diana Coon herself.) Rather, whatever the task, we should just "do it" and not leave the door open to probable failure or procrastination by saying "I'll try."

And so, I will write that article for Heart of Ohio. All 1,000 words. I will just do it!

P.S. If you link to the magazine, above, you'll find my article, 'Journey with Dad,' on page 52 of the summer issue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Barb. I love to read your writing!

Karen Dawkins said...

Yesterday, I spoke with a friend who has battled cancer with an attitude of "WITH GOD, I will overcome." I told her I admired her choice and that she is an inspiration.

Her reply, "I really didn't have a choice. There is no real alternative to living fully with God."

No maybe. No if. No I wonder. No worry....

Go, my friend. Write with the beauty you always possess. I am thrilled for you!!!!

Love,
Karen

Kathy Bartolomucci said...

When I grow up, I want to be just like Barb Haller!