Monday, April 25, 2011

egg-cellent Easter!

We cooked up a delicious Easter meal,
though not all my "chicks" were here.
You'd think after the last ten years or so of
an emptying nest, I'd be used to holidays
without everyone ...
but still I miss them.

But it was super to have daughter Katie home from
college, Bill's mom here, and son Mark and
daughter-in-love Jill. A lovely day.


 











Mark showed his awesome turkey-carving skills to his dad.



Cooking is fun, fun, FUN!
(apron from Grandma Haller's estate)


And the girls are just cute as ever.
(missing: Jenny!)

Katie and I put together the table decor ... how do you like it?




And finally, the clean-up crew.


After skyping with little Ari while she ate her lunch,
we enjoyed Katie's masterful chocolate silk pie. Oh, my.
I hope you, too, enjoyed Easter Sunday
with family and good food.
And with thankfulness for the risen Savior.

2 comments:

Dave Haller said...

Wish I could've been there...thanks for sharing! The pic of you in the apron made me laugh trying to figure out what you were laughing about. I can only imagine.

Barb said...

Son, it's all in the attitude. Roll-baking is hilarious!