Friday, September 10, 2010

sabbatical woes

This sabbatical thing is gonna kill me. I'm probably going about it all wrong. Today my time of rest and renewal became one of clean and toss.

Why am I always cleaning, organizing and tossing? Too many years of NOT tossing, that's it.

Anyway, in order to give a closet organizer/shelf thingie a proper home other than the trash, I had to make a way where there was no way: clear closet space. It's a long story as to why the thing was sitting in the middle of Katie's room. And why it had to move.

So, this afternoon, an afternoon far too gorgeous to have my head in a closet, I cleared the closet in my study. Most of the ensuing pile was graduation memorabilia with scrapbooks that never happened, and wedding memorabilia with scrapbooks that never happened. A seemingly sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

Now I wish I'd taken before and after photos. The closet looks glorious, but the guest room is ghastly. And houseguests arrive in a week, so I can't just let the photos and graduation stuff sit.

As I said before, I think we collect way too much stuff, only to figure out how to get rid of it.

I'm trying. Closet by closet, I'll get there!

1 comment:

-d said...

Well, maybe there isn't a "before" pic, but you can still take an "after."