Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day bike ride: the Kokosing Gap trail


Here in Ohio we are privileged to have a great many "rails to trails:" rail beds that have been converted to well-kept bike paths. After a very hot summer of little biking, we're trying to get out more. So yesterday we headed northeast, to the Kokosing Gap trail.


Beautiful day. Lots of bikers of all shapes, sizes, and ages. The trail meanders along the Kokosing River, woods, and farm fields. A bit challenging for the allergy-prone, it was a great day nonetheless. Someday we'll bring Ari so she can climb on the train.



Yes, this photo's a little blurry, since I didn't stop riding when I took it!


Our friends Fred and Lisa, "instigators" of the ride!

Things I learned from the 26-mile ride:
1. If I bike 13 miles in one direction, it's a sure bet I'll have to ride 13 miles back. I haven't biked 26 miles since - no joke - age 13.
2. Invest in a pair of bike shorts.
3. Take allergy drugs before biking in September.


Friends Brian & Donna, who also rode with us.

What did you do on Labor Day?

1 comment:

Dan said...

Fun! I remember doing that trail a time or two, but definitely not 2 miles! We went camping for labor day! Looks the the weather was great for you too!