Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September ramblings

Back in January, I wrote a post of random thoughts. I think mid-September seems about right to write randomly again.

The big event of today was .... losing my cell phone. I didn't lose it; I just couldn't find it after it slid out of my purse and pinballed around the van. I walked from one side of the van to the other a couple of times, peering under and around seats. I almost asked a complete stranger in the parking lot to call my phone, but finally found it: way, WAY under a seat. Utterly ridiculous.

The photos around here continue to have a life of their own, or at least take over mine. Problem is, I'd rather LOOK at them by hanging them on walls than STORE them. Today the guest room got a little photo display:



A couple of houseguests are arriving Saturday. I love company, but our house is typically not company-ready, if you get my drift. And college kids don't typically leave their rooms company-ready, either.

Just started Believing God by Beth Moore at church on Tuesday mornings. She's a spiritual giant in the world of Bible studies. Lots of homework, but it's good. And I am getting to know some new women. That's awesome.

I'm smelling fall. Little rain has fallen, so things are getting crunchy.

The Tampa Bay Rays are neck-in-neck with the (boo, hiss) New York Yankees in the their American League division. Our oldest son works for the Rays, so we are ultra-excited when they do well. Bill and I watch lots of baseball and eat buckets of popcorn. Go Rays!

When the nest empties, laundry goes way, WAY down. So far down that I feel like I'm skipping a chore or something. Crazy! At the height of kids at home, I did probably 10 or 12 loads a week.

We live in a dog-saturated neighborhood. The two (or is it three?) behind us sound like warthogs when they play. Creepy.

I made extra dinner last night, so it's all ready for the oven. That's such a comfortable feeling.

Have you ever found a book that speaks deeply to where you are in life? So deeply that you're exhausted after reading a chapter? I'm reading such a book now.

Have a nice evening, everyone!

4 comments:

Dan said...

A book that speaks to my life right now...hmmm...that'd have to be Mein Kampf.


































Kidding!

Jenny Haller said...

Dan is referring of course, to "his struggle" in school not at home :):):):)

Lisa said...

At least you didn't loose your cell phone some place like limited too and they call your friend because that was the last person you talked to.....:)

Barb said...

hahahaha that was a good one.

Dan, I hope the struggles subside, and soon!