Tuesday, August 10, 2010

s'mores and a wedding!


Well, someone has declared August 10 National S'mores Day ... I think it's the Hershey Company, no wonder. It's thought that s'mores originated with the Girl Scouts (yay, Girl Scouts!) back in the 1930's. I used to be able to eat a half dozen of those goodies, but these days even one is almost too much to stomach.

August 10 is also the date of my wedding, 32 years ago. I'm not really drawing any parallels to s'mores and my anniversary, maybe because I rode 400 miles in the car today. Bleh.

Anyway, my hubby Bill and I are going out for a little dinner right here in town. We'll eat. And reminisce. And marvel that we've stuck together for 32 years, raised four kids and welcomed our first grandchild into our lives this year.

Happy anniversary, honey. I love you.

7 comments:

Dan said...

Happy Anniversary, mom and dad. You guys are some darn good parents, and an example of commitment that I strive to follow. Thanks for your example and hope your day was special.

Karen Dawkins said...

Happy anniversary, Barb and Bill. So blessed to be a part of your lives. God bless!

Anonymous said...

i thought you were Katie with a wig

Barb said...

anonynmous .... whaaat?? That's hilarious.

-d said...

Anon, I thought the same thing. I've never noticed how much their faces look alike until I saw Barb in the yellow dress.

Barb said...

Maybe so. I sure could've used a hairdresser ...

anne said...

32 years! That is incredible! I can't believe how young you look in that picture - about 12! Sorry I missed your day - I need to write it down! Congratulations, both of you on your special day :)