Tuesday, June 29, 2010

lists of lists


We have a very big event coming up: our family migration north. We're I'm  organizing and sorting and packing up food and sheets and towels and more food and a few day's clothing and oh, yeah, ten people. And the dog. I don't really think dogs need a vacation, but whatever.

Anyway, I am giddy, thinking about having my FOUR children, TWO daughters-in-love (oh, heck - just call them my kids, too ... so SIX kids), Katie's friend and newest family member Ari at our shack at the lake.

But gracious, it's an undertaking, getting all these ducks in a row. And lists. For a few days there, I couldn't quite focus on the tasks at hand. I'm a little slow and disorganized at times. While preparing for a graduation party a couple of years ago, a teenaged friend said, "Mrs. Haller knows what needs to be done, but not how to get there." I guess that sums it up. But it's all good now.

Anyway, the end result will be fabulous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good mama chicken getting ready for her chicks to come back! (tho sometimes the chickens make a mess of the coop!!)

-Jenny

LPool said...

A year ago, my best friend from H.S. and I started planning our "vacation". She and her hubby and I and mine were both going to be celebrating 30 years of wedded bliss. We chose a cruise to Alaska. The last frontier. So a year ago I began a list to list the things that I needed to do to get ready for this trip of 10 days. As the days and months progressed the lists grew more numerous and my husband began the teasing about the "Lists". The trip was over just a couple of weeks ago but I can honestly say that I forgot nothing, had everything that we both needed and it was indeed the trip that I truly relaxed and had the best time. Let's hear it for the "List Makers".

Barb said...

Yay - thank you, Lyn! Glad you had such a wonderful time in Alaska - would love to hear more about it!