Monday, June 21, 2010

the fathers in my life

Last year, and three hours into this year,
the fathers in my family underwent some big changes.
My husband Bill received the unexpected news he would become a grandfather.


Here he is about a year later, out to dinner with Ari,
our incredible granddaughter.


My son Dan became a father.
Though young, he is already a loving and devoted father.



My dad transitioned into a new living arrangement. He also became a great-grandfather for the very first time.


Fathers are so very important. It sickens me when TV shows and ads portray men as weak, incompetent or dispensable.
I cannot imagine how our children would have turned out
without their father. How thankful and blessed I am!

Listen to your father, who gave you life.
Proverbs 23:22

3 comments:

LPool said...

Oh how I second the motion. My father is to this day the strongest, most intelligent and wonderful guy that I know. Through his life he survived many hardships without a complaint and he is the jack of all trades. I can't imagine my life without him in it although I know that at age 80 our time is limited.

Barb said...

Lyn, thanks for sharing a great testimony of your dad! Awesome!

Karen Dawkins said...

Catching up on your blog. :) LOVE THE PICS!!!

I agree about dads. My kids wouldn't be half as amazing without Rob to shepherd them and temper me. Dads are the greatest heroes!

I know I'm only beginning to appreciate my own dad.