Sunday, May 30, 2010

letter to Ari

My dearest Ari,

Visiting you has been sweet and fun and precious. I discovered that you love music and I even sang to you in bluegrass-style, which made you laugh.


You will soon learn that reading is a favorite of Baba's.
So this weekend we shared our first book, "Time for Bed." You did your best to pay attention, but working on your gums took priority.


We took you out to eat but you tired of it quickly. I understand: all that grown-up talk gets awfully boring.

Instead, you loved being outside, watching people and the fountain and cars zooming past.

We took many photos of you, pretty girl!

 I know we wore you out ... you caught naps whenever you could.

 

It doesn't seem so long ago that I held your daddy, just like this. So please, Ari, don't grow up too fast!

Thanks for spending time with me, Ari!

Your loving Baba

3 comments:

Jenny Haller said...

Thanks for making me laugh! -Ari

Dave Haller said...

Love it!!! Awesome pictures.

-d said...

Memories so sweet.