Friday, September 7, 2012

do and don't

Sorry to be out of touch.
Life's been weirdly crazy.
Tonight I share things I do like,
and things I don't.
They may - or may not - reflect what's going on in my life right now.

I do love my children and grandchildren.
I don't like that they live far away.
I do like that I can go visit them,
but I don't like having to.
I don't like the comment, "you have another place to visit!"
I didn't want another place to visit.

I don't like curfews, and didn't impose them on my children.
I do like to see parents who give their children choices,
like what outfit to put on or how much cereal to eat.
I like relaxed mothers who can laugh with their children
and not worry about unmade beds.

I really, really like when a friend just listens to me.
I don't like when people assume they know my thoughts or my heart.

I like being alone.
I think I'm an extroverted introvert.

I like when people think before they speak.
I don't like when people talk a lot but say very little.

I don't like making decisions. I'm very bad at it.
When I finally make a decision, I'm usually satisfied with it,
so maybe it's ok to take a long time deciding.

I don't like being crabby toward my husband, or anyone.
So I pray for peace and patience and God's power to be less crabby.

I used to like yard sales, but now I don't.
I don't like clutter, so this weekend I'm having a sale with Katie
to clear out some stuff. Stuff makes me crazy.
And in the end, when I'm 85, I will need very little stuff.
So I'm practicing for that time.
Good night!

1 comment:

Alyson, Wife of Bath said...

Do:

I do like your blog. Alot!