Wednesday, September 28, 2011

fearfully and wonderfully made



Dear littlest granddaughter,

I don't yet know your name; your mom and dad are keeping it a secret until your birth. I love surprises! Last Friday I went to the ultra-sound appt at Grady Hospital. (Your dad called it "Gravy" Hospital when he was a small boy.)
There on the screen flickered the most beautiful image: YOU!
A lovely, perfect head. Strong arms waving, your right thumb finding your mouth. You even stretched one foot all the way up to your head!
And then, the technician said, "oh, yes - it's a girl!"

I just loved watching you, so full of life, and thankful I was invited to see you.
It made me even more excited, and I wondered how I can wait 20 more weeks to swaddle you up, hold you and nuzzle your downy head.

You take all the time you need to grow strong and healthy, sweet girl ... we will wait. And then, on that winter day that God has ordained, we will joyfully welcome you into the world and into our lives.

Love you already, forever,
your Baba

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:13-14

4 comments:

Karen Dawkins said...

Grady Bear!!!!! :)

What a sweet post. You are an amazing Baba.

Love,
Karen

Barb said...

ha, thanks, Karen. But Mark called it "Gravy." hehe

Karen Dawkins said...

Nathan adored GRADY BEAR!!!!! He got so excited whenever he saw the bear at a community event. VERY FUNNY!!!!

Gravy bear. Wonder if it tastes like chicken? :)

Jenny Haller said...

Yah for Baby GIRLS!