Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day!

Last year Pi Day snuck up on me. Not this year!
But I'm still borrowing last year's post ...


"It's Pi day today," commented my daughter-in-love Jill last evening. A lemon cake sat on the kitchen counter, so of course I thought she meant "Pie Day" and oh dear, here I'd made a CAKE rather than a PIE on Pie Day.
Pi, Greek letter is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world on March 14th. Pi = 3.1415926535…

So, we made our cake into a lemon "Pi Cake," not to be confused with a lemon pie.

It's March in the midwest .... we must entertain ourselves.

I sure don't remember any Pi Day hoopla when I was in school, but it seems to be a big deal now, particularly among math teachers.

Are you celebrating Pi Day?

No comments: