Tuesday, March 1, 2011

happy birthday, Anne!

Fifty years ago today,
my dad called from the hospital to tell me I finally had a sister.
That call made me the happiest 6-year-old alive!
Time, distance, raising families and taking different life journeys separated Anne and me until last year. She reached out and we forged a new relationship.
We've gotten to know each other and are now sharing a spiritual journey that's unbelievably deep, rich and real.
Best of all, I saw her open her heart to God fully.
My sister is one of the bravest, most loving, honest people I know.
Today I honor and wish my Anne a very happy 50th birthday.
Take a look at us through the years:


Playing sister games ~ 1964

Little sister sends big sister off
to Girl Scout camp ~ 1967

1981(?) ~ really young and large-spectacled adults


August 2009 with our brother Mark

Happy birthday, Anne. I love you!

1 comment:

anne said...

Thank you dear sis! A wonderful post! I've been so blessed to have you in my life for 50 years! I'm so grateful I reached out to you finally, and you were there for me as always! (Who's doing was that?!) I love you dearly :)