Monday, February 14, 2011

love defined

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

 Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
(The Message Bible)

Even if you don't receive a valentine or chocolates today,
may you know the Source of true love. May you realize the power and preciousness of God, creator of all,
 and who gave his life away.

Just to be with you, I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay
Just to be with you, I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.
- Third Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, friend....I am just catching up on your blog. :)

Lisa