Saturday, March 10, 2012

this 'n that

Lots of odds and ends going on and finding it hard to settle down for regular posting. Sorry!

***

About once a month or so we run to Columbus, the big city, for provisions
we can't get here in our town. We did that this morning, and got to see
Katie for about 30 minutes. She's on a retreat with friends. It's good to have access to the
city, but I still love our smaller town!

***

Since Lily's still very much a newborn, she exhibits all those newborn traits such
as crying for no apparent reason. So now and then I go over
and do my baby whispering thing. I don't think (old) moms ever forget how
to hold and console a crying baby!
Check out this adorable post of Lily meeting her great-grandmother Elizabeth.

***

Pretty soon we'll be heading south to spend some time with Ari, 2 and Ashlyn, 8 months.
Oh, and Dan and Jenny, too.
It will be a rambunctious good time, I'm certain of that!

***

Yes, I did get some writing done this week.
No, not to my satisfaction.

***

I'm still swimming at our new Y, about 3 times a week.
Slow and steady.

***

Glory be, my tulips, daffodils and crocus are coming up.
And one crocus is in bloom!

***

The forecast this week is spectacular.
Not exactly sit-at-my-desk weather.

***

Hope you're making the most of your weekend!

No comments: