Thursday, June 16, 2011

yard sale!

With every yard sale we orchestrate, I say "this is the last one ever!" And of course the next year I find myself having another.

It's not so much about making money. It's about getting stuff out of here, practically giving it to people who want or need a deal. And it's fun to chat with people.

So it is this weekend, joining my neighbors to put on a "multi-family sale." Our house brims with so much that could and should be sold off or given away, but I think it'll take a move before we finally, completely purge.

The crawl space, oh the crawl space. Don't ever buy a house with one! It's a magnet for things you think you should save, but then don't ever look at because they're ... in the crawl space.

Books, knick-knacks, picture frames, old stereo receivers, and kitchen stuff are priced and ready, in the garage. I've promised myself I will NOT wander over to Lynn or Cindy's house and buy THEIR stuff, which is what usually happens.

If you're in the neighborhood tomorrow or Saturday, stop by!

2 comments:

Dave Haller said...

Please don't sell my baseball cards.

Barb said...

After the story your dad told about HIS cards?? NO WAY! They are safe ....