Monday, June 13, 2011

bring on summer!

We're officially out of hibernation around here!
Gone are the short days and long, cold nights and weekly snowstorms.
Gone is the crockpot with chili simmering.
Road trips and get-to-the-cabin-when-we-can and and
yippee-a-new- granddaughter are filling the calendar.
This past weekend was packed to the brim.
Our son Dan, husband to Jenny, dad to Ari and soon-to-be daddy to their second daughter, flew in Friday night to serve in a friend's wedding on Saturday ... to which we were also invited.
Sadly, I took no photos of the adorable bride and groom. I am sorry.
But geez, I look happy enough here to BE the bride.
My son David commented on facebook, "you'll have to excuse my mother,"
which is a really hilarious and so-David comment.


Meanwhile, my brother Mark and family flew in Friday to attend a different wedding in Columbus. So of course we had to see them! He and some extended family joined us for brunch at our house on Saturday.
Then off to "our" wedding and reception, on into the evening.

Look at my adorable kids: Dan, Katie, Mark and daughter-in-love Jill. Jenny had to stay home (so sad) since she is within two weeks of her due date.


So I cooked and cleaned house (as little as possible, of course) in preparation for the weekend and am still enjoying it.

And so we launch headlong into summer
with all its loose dates and plans
and await little Miss Haller to make her debut!

(The hostas are spectacular - photos coming!)


No comments: