Friday, July 9, 2010

a GRAND time had by all

Last week we mounted a massive migration to northern Michigan and spent a few days on the shores of Grand Lake. And grand it was. Lots of laughing. Cooking. Eating. Salad-making. Rock-painting. Lighthouse-climbing. Baby-feeding. Swimming, reading, and hammock-lying, too.
My camera was on assignment at a wedding for the first couple of days, but I caught up as best I could.
This sort of vacation requires basic survival skills like cooking and clean-up, so I swiftly put the 'children' into doing dishes Girl Scout camp-style. Wow, they loved that!


The newest little Haller visits Fireside Inn ...
for breakfast before church on Sunday.


The three amigos, playing frisbee golf.
(that is, my three sons)


They fling 'em like this.


I'm almost embarrassed to post this because I don't
think a dog really needs a vacation ...


This one's just artsy.


And this one makes me laugh: my hubby,
sharing a morning moment with Ari.


Gotta see my lighthouses: lovely
Presque Isle lighthouses!


Lots and lots of photographing went on.


In a few years, Ari and I will walk
the shoreline in search of rocks and other treasures.

I don't know which is my favorite ... this one,


or this one.


Rock painting!


Chores.
(Thanks, Dan, for digging up trees
from the septic field!)


'Baba' and Ari.


Ari wanted some ice cream very badly.



Girls laughing hard, having ice cream.



"Pops" with Ari at the harbor in Presque Isle.


Fun memories with precious family. Love 'em!

4 comments:

-d said...

So wonderful. What wonderful memories your family has there, and they change as the family grows.

Jenny Haller said...

YEAH! We had a great time and Ari loved the Michigan air.

Dan said...

We had a GREAT time!
I love all the pictures and memories!
Thanks for hosting!

Donna Boucher said...

Love the laughing on the bench picture!!!
Ari is adorable!!!
I visited you daughter's page!
I love how she introduced herself!
Beautiful pictures too!