Sunday, March 7, 2010

birds heard

I heard them this morning. In fact, they might actually have awakened me before my alarm.

BIRDS SINGING. Hallelujah, it's a glorious day! The return of birds means - I don't need to tell you - melting snow (we still have an impressive amount), tiny swelling buds on the maple, crocus poking up by month's end, a sun warming up for its summer gig, yes, spring, spring, SPRING!

My study is on the south side of our house, catching the afternoon sun. You can call me silly, but on Friday I put on shorts and a t-shirt, threw open the shade and positioned myself in front of that window for a good hour. Heavenly!

This sort of blooming hasn't quite happened, but I am dreaming of it!

2 comments:

-d said...

I expect you'll be sitting outside sunning yourself pretty soon!

Barb said...

Yep ... I think I'm part snake. Not one hour after you commented, I was out front! hehe