Saturday, August 15, 2009

Same Kind of Different as Me

Scrawled on a scrap of paper and floating around my desk, its title kept piquing my curiosity each time it came into view. I think it was my daughter-in-love Jenny who recommended I read it.

Finally, I picked up a copy for just $5 on our drive north.

I've never read a book like this. It is all at once heart-breaking and uplifting. It's a raw revelation of ignorance and hate, yet a redemption of love. It touches me in deep places because of my Southern roots. I also realize my appalling ignorance of the homeless. But it has also touched millions, as it's a New York Times bestseller.

Same Kind of Different as Me, by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It's one for your reading list, your mind and your heart.

http://www.samekindofdifferentasme.com/

2 comments:

Jenny Haller said...

OH! How I loved this book! It truly touched my soul in the deepest places! Thank you for taking my recommendation!

Karen Dawkins said...

I look forward to reading it! Ben went to downtown Raleigh last month to feed the homeless. One man really touched his heart. Ben tossed a football with him and the man smiled and "got all excited about a silly football." His revelation, "The only difference between a homeless person and me is they don't have a home." That about says it all!