Friday, August 7, 2009

my chicks



Yes, that's my nickname for my "kids." Here, Dan & Jenny, Katie and David at Mark and Jill's wedding. They're all young adults now, it's obvious. You could call me a recovering mother hen: I try like heck not to fuss over them.

But when they're all "home" (I know, I know, they now have homes of their own), it's the most indescribable feeling of completeness. And ... I can enjoy them without thought of changing diapers, taking them to the orthodontist, or wondering where they are at midnight.

Elisabeth Elliot would warn me to beware of my feelings. Sigh. I just love having my chicks near.

Thank you, Lynn, for getting this photo!

3 comments:

Jenny Haller said...

Awe! Thats super cute and I like being heckled over! :)

Barb said...

mwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture !!!