Friday, September 19, 2008

ready to go...almost



It's amazing going on a trip overseas. The dog, the mail, the house, the bills, and vacuum the house. Men, don't try to figure this out. Women, you know what I mean. There's no way I'll leave my house totally dirty, even if I do hate housecleaning.

Then there's the matter of coordinating a wardrobe that won't take up six suitcases. PACK LIGHTLY is our mantra. So we think we've done it. The pic here is of my suitcase, packed and nearly ready. Yes, it will close, or I'll take something out. To the right of the suitcase is Katie's wool pea coat. It'll go in, too, if there's room. It's already cool in Ireland and she still has 2 more months there.


I can't tell you how excited we are. My cousin Susan and her husband, Andre, will be our hosts in Paris. Paris! City of Light! What's amazing is that Susan and I haven't seen each other for over 30 years. We're brushing up on our French on the plane...don't laugh. I've got "Speedy French," the best pocket language-helper around.

Then it's on to Ireland for six days with Katie and her group and their parents. Ireland! I don't know why; it's kind of like horses...but I've always had a great desire to visit Ireland. I'm pretty sure some very-great grandparents of mine emigrated from Ireland. So this is a dream come true. And we wonder if Katie's eyes will still be black and blue....

I'll try to share with you whilst on the road, if I can. I'm not packing my laptop, that's for sure. At the very least, I'll journal and take lots of photos.

Guess whose birthday is tomorrow?

No comments: