Thursday, November 26, 2009

many hands


Many hands make light work.

Its truth was evident at our house today. In fact, so many hands got to work before and after the meal that the dishwasher remained empty. All dishes were washed, dried and put away by three wonderful young women: daughter Katie, her friend Rachelle, and daughter-in-love Jill.



Hubby Bill and son Mark finished carving the turkey and put away the leftovers. I was kind of in the way, so I took photos as the "white tornado" zoomed through my kitchen.



Then again, there was a moment or two where too many cooks were about to spoil the proverbial broth, but remembering my Thanksgiving week challenge, I didn't complain.



A good and thankful Thanksgiving was had at the Hallers, though we did miss family who couldn't be here.

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving as well. And if you don't have "many hands" today, I hope you'll thank the One who holds you in His very capable hands, providing, guiding, and protecting you and yours.

3 comments:

Jenny Haller said...

We missed all of you too! Hope your day was great!

Anonymous said...

You are a blessed woman. We, too, had many hands helping before and after the meal. It was a happy day giving thanks.
-d

Dave Haller said...

Missed you too! Wish I could have been there with you, but it looks like you had a great day.

See you in Charlotte.

You...spin...me...right...'round...baby...right...'round...