Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy birthday - I-actually-wrote-this-on-your-birthday-two-days-ago - Beth!!


Beth and I met over thirty years ago, both of us newlyweds. In fact, I was her wedding "photographer," though it's a stretch to claim the title ... seeing how far photography has come and my daughter is a real, live photographer and would probably snicker at those wedding snapshots.

Anyway. Back to Beth. Since those newlywed early-friendship days, life has pushed and pulled and brought us to a whole new place.

We each had children.
We moved apart (well, I moved away)
We drifted, I would say, in the way that our hearts weren't closely knit.

Then, unknown to us both, we each encountered God and began growing in relationship with him. This turn in our lives drew us together in most miraculous ways. Beth and I now share our joys, hurts, questions and even laughter with a deeper connection.

The photo? Its caption might read, "my car is essentially a big purse." This was in Tampa during our wild ride at the World Series last fall. The woman takes everything, I mean ev-er-y-thing on a trip.

Yeah, Beth's car is trash, but SHE is a treasure.

Happy birthday, Beth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip we had -
what a fun friend you are ....
a rare and precious friend and sister
thank you for your constant prayers and encouragement
B

PS the word verification is manic !