Monday, November 3, 2008

living in the present


It's come to my attention that there are a lot of OLD photos around our house. On my dresser, the family room wall, the piano and in my study.

And I ask myself: am I living in the past? I remember my dear grandmother Dorothy, who I loved fiercely, kept "aged" photos around the house. My mother and aunt were displayed as young single women. My siblings, cousins and I appeared as babies, toddlers or gap-toothed second graders, even though we were in college.

So while I'll keep some favorites, it is time to update. My four were adorable as babies and toddlers and also terribly dependent. Now they're wonderfully independent: three young men and a young woman in college and adult life: living, working, studying, traveling, loving, and honoring their family and most importantly, their God.

Current photographs won't make me long for the past, but rejoice in the present and for what's to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT picture