Friday, June 21, 2013

I love

It's Thursday afternoon and I'm sitting on our front porch thinking I really should write a blog post and I come up empty. It's just an empty kind of day.
But in the quietness of a spectacular June afternoon, I realize that while my creative juices might not be gushing, there is much for which to be thankful. To love.

I love our little subdivision house, our home for 23 years. 
It started out with four bushes, one scrawny tree and no grass.
Now, look at my view from the front porch ...

I love my husband Bill.
I'm thankful he's past his surgery. 
His recovery is ongoing and he is uncomplaining.
Today he rode his bike!
He needs naps and daily exercises.
I've learned to be a mean therapist.
Not sure I love that.

I love having Katie live at home for a time.
She is sweet and funny and young!

I love being a mother and grandmother.
All except Katie live far from us; I don't love that.
But technology is amazing and I get to exchange thoughts and funny happenings
and Instagram photos almost daily. 
It has its down side, but I love technology that helps keep me
connected to my kids.

I love summer and digging in the flower beds.
Is there such a thing as soil therapy? I believe so.
 I love seeing so many young couples having babies.
Many baby boys lately!
This new life is in stark contrast to lives waning, such as my dad's.

I love good, real friends
with whom I can be me.

I love that life is utterly unpredictable.
Knowing what lies ahead would make life dull.

Now. I hesitate to even use the word 'love' in how I feel about house,
garden,  or technology. What does all that matter, really?

I use the concordance in the back of my Bible all the time because I need help finding verses. In it I find almost two PAGES of
references to love. From the beginning and throughout history,
God is and was love, and showed his love for us in countless ways.

We can love  because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19)
I love that!
Make your love list!






No comments: