Tuesday, October 27, 2009

licking batteries

To learn a little trick, hence the title of this post, you'll have to read - or skip - to the very end.

We threw the bikes in the van this afternoon and headed to Delaware State Park to pedal a few miles. A veritable ghost town, the park seems to be going into hibernation for the winter. Of course, I found a few photo opps...

My knight pumps up my tire.



My motivator!

Bikes, leaves, lake, me.

Now. Were it not for a little trick I pulled from the cobwebs of my mind, there would be no photos. Somewhere, sometime, someone told me that if your batteries are giving out, just give them a lick. Yes! Take them out of the camera, lick both ends, and put back in the camera.

Call me crazy...but it works.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh...beautiful fall. Meanwhile it's 90+ and hot in South Florida.

Jenny Haller said...

I'm glad I dont have to remind the two of you to exercise. I'm proud of my in-laws!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful day for a bike ride!

Though I've never heard of using spit/water, I have used Vaseline successfully with batteries and light bulbs.
-d