Tuesday, January 26, 2010

happy 25th, Dan!

Twenty five years ago,
my son Dan entered the world on a cold,
snowy Saturday: January 26, 1985.

Dan soon grew into a spirited little boy. He was ... energetic, adventurous,
often the one to stir up trouble among his siblings, and sometimes had quite the temper.
But his compassionate heart was evident.
Looking through some old photos,
I've decided Dan had a thing for toilets.
And toilet paper. See?




Now Dan is a new father himself.
It's amazing to watch him learning to be a father.
He is calm and patient, having left the temper of his youth in the past.
Dan is a loving and selfless husband to his wife Jenny.
He absolutely adores his baby girl, Ari.
I'll always remember Dan's first text message right after Ari's birth:
"she's so tiny, so cute."
I'm proud of you, Dan. I love you very much and wish you
a very happy birthday!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Dan.

Dan said...

Thanks for the nice words and pictures, Mom! What a squirrely little kid I was; although, not much has changed...

The Hallers said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to Dan!! :)